Marie is a Belgian freelance journalist. She is a member of Women Photograph and is represented by the Hans Lucas Agency. She is based in Istanbul since 2016 and holds a permanent Turkish press card in addition to a Belgian Press card. She has pursued a training security for journalists working in dangerous zones at Bayeux organized by France Media Monde in 2019. She graduated from the university IHECS, where she studied a master in photojournalism.
She believes in the capacity of a camera to facilitate contacts between people and to testify unheard stories. Marie mainly documents the fight for women rights. Through her reports, she focuses on resilience, struggles for justice and migration. Above all, her aim is to highlight change makers.
She won the jury prize and public prize of the Mentor Award in 2016 for her work « Téhéran : les visages de l’indépendance » at the festival Visa Pour l’Image in Perpignan. In 2018, she has been selected to participate to the Nikon-Noor Academy and she won the Vocatio Grant. Her work has been published in the Courrier International, Libération, L'Obs, Le Figaro Magazine, The Atlantic, Al Jazeera, Stern, Vice, La Croix, 6 Mois, Le Vif, Le Soir, L’Orient-Le Jour, among others.
Exhibitions and prizes
- Exhibition « Women, Life, Freedom » at the cultural centrum Tollhaus of Karlsruhe, Germany, 2022
- Exhibition « Transitions » at the French Institute, Istanbul, 2021 - Exhibition « Un regard sur les migrations » at Point Culture, Brussels, 2020
- Exhibition « La Turquie sous Erdogan » at l’Expo 60/60, Brussels, 2019
- Exhibition « Let’s Art Iran » at Le Senghor, Brussels, 2019
- Exhibition « Téhéran : les visages de l’indépendance » at Le Festival de la Solidarité Internationale for the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Brussels, 2019
- Winner of the Vocatio Grant, Belgium, 2018
- Nominated for the 6x6 Global Talent Program, World Press Photo, Holland, 2018
- Coup de coeur de l’ANI, Visa pour l’image in Perpignan, France, 2017
- Winner of the jury prize and public prize of the Mentor Award, Visa pour l’image in Perpignan, France, 2016
- Winner of the Sophie Soudant RTBF grant, Belgium, 2015